COVID-19 Response Information
Dear Grace Bible family, I trust you are leaning on the Lord today to supply your needs. With each day, I am reminded of that proverb “Some trust in chariots and others in horses, but we depend on the Lord our God.” (Pr.20:7) As believers, we should certainly do what our government officials tell and and take prudent action against the spread of this virus, but ultimately we need to trust in the Lord to see us and our loved ones through this pandemic.
- Part of our prudent action is cancelling our work day, scheduled for this Saturday, April 4, at 9 AM. Additionally, we must also cancel our neighborhood Easter flower outreach plan due to Gov. Hogan’s ‘stay at home order.’ Neither of these prevent us from reaching out to our neighbors as we see them or calling on those who live outside our reach.
- Those of you who pre-ordered Easter flowers will able to pick them up in the church parking lot next week on Friday, March 10 between 9-11 AM. If you need to schedule a different time, please email the church office.
- Closure of campus – Pursuant to Governor Hogan’s March 23rd Executive Order, the Official Board has closed our campus for regular ministry purposes until further notice. This order does not affect Red Cross Blood Drives. Don’t let this closure discourage you, but to encourage you to continue your walk with the Lord in prayer and reading of His Word, and loving your neighbor as much as you are able.
- Live-Stream Bulletin – Part of our campus closure is the closing of the church office. We have, therefore, simplified our bulletin for use in homes during our live-stream service on Sunday. It is attached.
- Coming Soon: Online Giving – The Official Board is pursuing online giving and will share details as soon as possible. Thank you for continuing your support of our church while we are separated.
- Anticipated GBC Fund needs – We are expecting an increasing demand on our Grace, Benevolence and Care (GBC) Fund in the days and weeks ahead. For those who are able, please consider making an additional contribution to meet the needs of brothers & sisters who are facing financial hardship due to coronavirus closures.
- Easter Flower Outreach – This event is canceled. Many thanks to those folks who were willing to assist with this.
- Watch & pray. We will do our best to continue updating you to changes in our schedule, and ask that you pray diligently for our government leaders as they bear a great burden in navigating this unprecedented effort to stay the effects of COVID-19.